Back in 1899, a small company called Carlos F. Novella y Cía was formed, the first name of the Cementos Progreso company. Since then, its history has had changes in its composition, its business name and even its commercial image.
In 1915, a new change occurred in the company and it became the Novella Cement Company. Around 1926 new transformations took place in the company and the National Cement Factory, Ltda. Novella y Cía.
Seven years later, in 1934, the company evolved again and acquired the name Carlos F. Novella y Cía. Around 1953 the image was updated and the name changed to Cementos Novella, S. A. At this time, a circular logo continued to be used on the bags. In other publications, the initials CN were used.
121 years later, the history of Cementos Progreso continues to evolve and grow to contribute to the construction of the country where we want to live.
In June 1978 the company name changed to Cementos Progreso. In the early years the logo was based on a character with pre-Hispanic characteristics. During the commemorative celebrations of the company’s centenary, a new logo appears consisting of a truncated pyramid made up of three green rectangles.